Sunday, March 7, 2010

testimony builder

I just thought I would share a story that happened to us this past week. It was an amazing testimony builder and an answer to our prayers!
okay so here's the story. Ever since we moved to Arizona we had been going back and forth whether or not to sale Todd's little old truck. It had been a great truck for him, but it was starting to have a lot of problems for example: not passing the emissions test (so we couldn't get it registered), it had 225,000 miles on it, it needed new tires, the drivers side seat belt didn't work, the A.C. didn't work, and who knows what else. Anyway we had been praying about it and were trying to decide if we should put all the money into it that it was going to cost to fix everything, or try to sale it and buy something new. We took the truck to a mechanic and the total cost to get everything fixed would have been between $1,500-$2,000! BUMMER what to do? The truck was probably not even worth that much even if we were to get everything fixed. But at the same time we didn't want to go buy a car unless we could pay cash for it.
Todd drives A TON for work, (8000 miles since January) and I was very worried for his safety. Everyday that he would leave for work I would say a prayer that Heavenly Father would please keep him safe for just a few more days until we figured out what to do with the truck.
So here is where I can honestly say that I KNOW that my prayers were answered. We were sitting at home one night and we heard a knock at the door. Todd went to the door, and there was a little boy standing there who simply said "my dad wants to know if he can buy your truck!" WHAT? There was not even a for sale sign in the truck. How did they know we were thinking about selling it? Todd went out and talked to the guy. He explained that we were thinking about maybe selling it, but that there was A LOT of stuff that needed to be fixed on it and that he probably wouldn't want to buy it due to the problems that it had. The guy said "that's okay, I don't care about the problems that it has and I will give you cash for it right now." (yes, we told him everything that needed to be fixed)
Todd came in, we talked it over, and 15 minutes later our truck was gone and we had cash in hand! How often does a complete stranger knock at your door and ask to buy something that doesn't even have a for sale sign in it!

And now my testimony. I know that Heavenly Father answered my prayers. As silly and simple as this problem may seem to others, my Heavenly Father new that it was a big deal to me. He kept my husband SAFE while driving a car that was very UNSAFE! I know that our Father in Heaven will ALWAYS be there for us, and answer our prayers no matter how big or small the things that we are wondering or asking are. The tender mercies that are given and shown to us each day are an amazing gift. I know that Heavenly Father will continue to answer prayers and will continue to show his love and mercy to each one of us as long as we are striving to live righteously!

9 comments:

Jorgensen Family said...

Thanks for helping me! That is an amazing story! I enjoyed reading your testimony. Thanks again for helping me. Love and miss you tell everyone hi!
Love Natalie

Fonzareli said...

OK. You got me bawlin'! That is amazing and I have goose bumps all over! Thanks for sharing. I am so glad that even though there are hundreds of miles seperating us, I can still feel the Walden spirit!
Love and Miss you guys!

Paige and Garret Story said...

oh my gosh how amazing! that story gave me chills! LOVE you lots!

Dowland Fam said...

That is crazy! I have NEVER heard of that happening. Thanks for sharing! It is amazing when we look for our Heavenly Father's hand it is always outstretched and ready to bless us!

Amanda said...

You have a beautiful testimony Tanya. This was a great story.

Grammy Ludwig said...

WE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH OUR FIRST BOAT. WE MENTIONED IT TO ONE MAN AND THE NEXT DAY AN OLD FRIEND KNOCKED AND PAID US CASH FOR IT.... WE HAD A WEDDING AND TWO KIDS ON A MISSION. WE CRIED WHEN IT LEFT BUT.... WE KEPT THE MEMORIES AND WE WERE SO THANKFUL. I LOVE YOU HONEY. YOU ARE A DOLL.

Fab 3 said...

I just wanted to thank you for being such an amaizing friend. You help me with so much. Thank You..

DP said...

Hey Tanya! This is Kayla Daniels (maybe you don't remember me). I came accross your blog from your sisters, okay, so I'm a total blog stocker, but my mom told me you were living in Gilbert and I've been wanting to get in touch with you. My husband and I live in Mesa and would love to get together sometime. It would be great to see you and catch up. My e- mail address is kayla.bluth@gmail.com, it would be great to hear from you.

Emily & Eric said...

Hi I came across your blog today. I went to school with Todd. When I read this post I thought I should share. The same thing happened to us. A boy knocked on our door and said his dad wanted to buy our little Toyota truck (it wasn’t for sale) We went outside and there were a van full of guys, none spoke English. They wanted the truck right then and there but we said no it wasn’t for sale. We thought it was weird so we talked to our friend that’s a cop. He said to be careful because they buy your vehicles with cash so there is no trail and take them across the border and never register them into their names and sometimes get used for illegal stuff. And then when stuff goes bad the cops come after you because its in your name still. Sorry to be a downer, but just be careful. Tell Todd we say hi!
Eric & Emily